No – I’ve not moved to a new domain (does this count as clickbait?) This blog has seen me as an obsessed college student blogging about her lessons, grow up to become an online-shopping addict pitting two beauty websites against each other. I am here for the foreseeable future. What I meant was: I have moved to Singapore!
It feels only yesterday when I wrote my last post, two weeks after I had quit my job. But more than two months have passed! And boy was it busy. But it was all worth it because I got a new job. Tomorrow is my first day back, so today is my last day of funemployment.
My time off has not been put to waste, though. Here’s just a couple of things I’ve been up to (in no particular order):
- published my portfolio at celenajasmin.com. It’s still not what I imagined, but it looks decent enough to share
- freelanced for two different projects which I hope I can share soon
- marathoned Star Wars for the first time! (Then Carrie Fisher passes away a few weeks after aforementioned marathon. RIP.)
- visited my friend in Penang and her lovely office at Piktochart + toured the lovely Georgetown
- started eating vegetables (and less McDonald’s!) I’m serious. If you know me personally, you’d know how big of a change this is. It’s a real turning point. I’m not getting any younger and I have to start taking care of myself (now to sleeping early…)
- Speaking of not getting any younger, I also turned 23 last November! I feel so ancient, but I at least feel that I’m also making better choices now instead of self-sabotaging and clinging to what’s left of my teen angst (I mean, as I’m writing this, I am also doing the laundry. So, beat that, 14 y/o self.)
- visited museums and art exhibits and hung out at countless cafés (what’s new)
…and did I mention that I got myself a new job! (I know I did, lol) I never thought I’d get to this stage. I always thought that when people say that it has been a long and challenging journey, they were overreacting, but it’s really the perfect way to describe it. Now I can finally be closer to the person that I love, after two years of being apart. *happy tears*